Collection of Personal Information
As part of our core business The Learning Bar collects and stores information in a number of ways. Your information is used for pre-defined purposes in which terms and conditions are clearly delineated in all contracts with customers. For example, we may analyse or review your information in order to provide support as requested by the customer. We do not use your information for unauthorised purposes or sell your information; your information is NOT disclosed to anyone except for the people identified to our team as responsible in your region.
- The Learning Bar has developed and manages the distribution, implementation and support of three major product lines (OurSCHOOL/TTFM, Early Years Evaluation (EYE) and Confident Learners), all requiring personal information be provided by our clients for upload to our systems. When you send email or other communications to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services or to respond to a query.
- Our Early Years Evaluation and Confident Learners products include web applications that allow teachers to capture student names and measure their progress in undertaking certain developmental skills.
- Our Products are supported by a Support Website and Help Desk where we will gather personal information from our members such as: name, email address, phone number and position of employment (for verification purposes) for use in Customer Support and evaluation purposes.
- The collection of personal information takes place voluntarily by students, parents, teachers/caregivers.
The Learning Bar’s network infrastructure is hosted with Cogeco Peer 1, one of North America’s leading hosting and managed IT providers. Our infrastructure consists of web and database servers, load balancers, switches, and firewalls.
The Learning Bar follows industry best practices in order to preserve the security and privacy of all personally identifiable information. This includes appropriate levels of physical and digital security at all points of data storage and transmission, ongoing testing/audit regarding system security, and 24/7 monitoring.
The Learning Bar does not release any individual student survey results, however the customer may have access to this information within a Data File, where applicable, within their Agreement with The Learning Bar. Precautions are taken to protect the anonymity of the students, including the requirement to have a minimum response threshold before a report will be generated. Data suppression features are built into the system for protection of the information and to maintain anonymity to the participant.
Student responses captured are used by employees to provide support in:
- Report generation
- Year over year analysis
- Norms creation, and
- Replica school creation, and
- Distribution of product information and company information to survey implementers.
- Mapping of vulnerable children for socio-economic status for the region (Early Years Evaluation only)
The Learning Bar will only disclose your personal information when required or authorised by applicable law, if ordered to do so by a court or enforcement authority as appropriate, or to ensure that we are in compliance with our legal obligations. All information captured is strictly confidential, protected and is not shared with any external parties.
Rights and Choices
Upon written request from you we will inform you about the type of personal information held and the purpose for which we hold this information, once the request is received we will aim to make available all information within 30 days. We will also (upon written request) and within reasonable time amend, correct, delete or cease to process personal information if that information proves to be factually inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant to the purposes of the processing.
How to make a complaint
The Learning Bar Pty Ltd
PO Box 135
Maitland NSW 2320
Telephone: 1800 823 621