SALARY: $18.00 per hour
Canada’s largest provider of online student assessment and school improvement tools, The Learning
Bar, is looking for an individual to fill the position as a Accounting Clerk in the Finance Administration
Department, reporting to the Finance Officer.
Working with a small team, you will support the organization’s finance and administration departments.
Your primary responsibility is Accounts Receivable, with secondary responsibilities of Accounts Payable,
posting and allocating expenses, and payroll. The Accounting Clerk will maintain accurate records
according to the established delivery schedule and standard accounting practices. This Part-Time
permanent position allows for a flexible work schedule.
- Prepare, maintain, and dispatch invoices as required.
- Monitor the status of accounts receivable, follow up with clients on payment status regularly,
and report anomalies to the Finance Officer.
- Monitor the status of accounts payable, process vendor payments as required, and report
anomalies to the Finance Officer.
- Record financial transactions in computerized accounting program (Sage 50).
- Calculate mandatory remittances and submit through electronic service.
- Process payroll for 50-60 staff bi-weekly, or as required by the Finance Officer.
- Secure financial information by completing backups and practicing appropriate diligence to
ensure all information remains confidential.
Special Projects / Other duties
- Contribute to the strategic business goals through participation in projects, as required.
- Calculate and file Workers Compensation Insurance Premiums through WorkSafe NB
- Assist with administrative duties as required
All employees must adhere to the policies and procedures of the company. These may change from
time to time.
Skills & Qualificaitions:
- Diploma from accredited community college or equivalent experience;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible, enthusiastic, and have a strong aptitude for
- Must have experience with Sage 50 accounting software;
- Experience in an Accounts Receivable focused role would be considered an asset;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff and external
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced, team-based environment with a high degree of
Hours of work
Variable Hours of work are flexible, and amount to 20 hours per week. Typical office hours are
8:30 to 5:00 Monday through Friday.
Permanent, hourly rate position
Benefits and vacation
This position does not qualify for enrolment in Company Benefits. Vacation time is paid
according to local regulations.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Shaun McBride
at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, November 23, 2018.
We will treat any inquiry or resume received as confidential, and will only be contacting applicants to
schedule an interview.