SALARY RANGE: AUD $80,000 – $90,000 per annum
Full Time | Superannuation | Profit Sharing
Be part of a dynamic team of professionals based at our Australian headquarters in The Levee precinct in
the Maitland CBD. We are seeking a General Business Manager with strong Project Management skills
who will work as part of the Operations department, reporting to the Director. This is a new position; and
offers full time, permanent employment. Work schedules are regular working hours driven by peak
business needs and may be adjusted as necessary.
The General Business Manager (Operations and Projects) is responsible for overseeing and managing
the Australian company’s operational activities and supervision of employees while ensuring
alignment with the goals of the company. The General Business Manager will liaise directly with the
AU Director on Human Resources Management, Financial Management, Project Management, and
client related issues. This role will oversee the project end-to-end lifecycle activities in support of
clients using The Learning Bar’s innovative school solutions in Australia. The General Manager will
ensure the deliverables required by clients are efficiently planned, executed, monitored
communicated, and improved using Project Management methodology. This senior position is also
responsible for contributing to strategic initiatives of the company, designing and implementing
business plans to attain goals, providing day-to-day supervision and performance management to
General Business Management
- Direct and supervise day-to-day operations activities in the AU operations to achieve the
company’s goals and objectives related to growth, sales, profitability, productivity, efficiency,
expansion and other areas of priority to the company;
- Senior position responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company to ensure
successful and efficient business operations;
- Primary point of contact for all Human Resources Management and personnel-related
administration, performance management, employment strategy, employee motivation and
development, and supervision of staff;
- Primary point of contact for Financial Management (including the company’s financial
performance) and efficient management of all resources;
- In close collaboration with the Director, develop global business management goals and strategies,
ensure the company is on track to meet its annual goals, key performance indicators, including
- Sustain strong collaboration and trusting relationships with AU and Canadian staff;
- Sustain strong collaboration and trusting relationships with partners and clients;
- Assist with contracting and financial management;
- Pursue funding opportunities to support expansion (e.g., wage subsidies, export development,
- Ensure effective internal and external communications across all stakeholders and all phases of
implementation from standard product and service delivery expectations through to escalations
and on-site issues management;
- In absence of the Director, conduct regular staff meetings and provide guidance to staff;
- Use personal insight and credibility to guide management best practices;
- Ensure that all business practices conform to Australian regulations and comply with company
policies and procedures.
Project Management (PM)
- Become familiar with our product lines, existing clients and deliverables;
- Responsible and accountable for successfully managing multiple projects at the same time from
initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing;
- Accomplish project objectives and priorities by planning, organising, leading and evaluating project
activities to deliver the project scope and deliverables on time and on budget;
- Develop and deliver realistic project management plans;
- Manage scope, timing, budget and quality of contractual deliverables required by The Learning Bar
clients using PM best practices throughout the life cycle of each project;
- Proactively evaluate the progress of the projects, and track and mitigate risks;
- Communicate project milestones, project status updates and project risks to superiors and to the
clients on a regular basis;
- Maintain trusting relationships with all project stakeholders;
- Carry out the key responsibilities of the Project Manager including:
- Monitor activities to ensure value-add, create and organise work efforts,
- Establish professional client relationships, represent The Learning Bar at client facing
meetings, and promote best practice,
- Mentor project team members, review quality of deliverables, analyse and solve problems;
proactively negotiate solutions and resolve conflicts, share lessons learned and best
practices across projects; and
- Establish personal credibility with clients and team members, manage day-to-day client
interaction and expectations; build and sustain client ownership and commitment.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in the field of Business or Masters in Business Administration;
- Minimum 5 years proven experience in general business management role plus experience leading
and managing projects; with special consideration for those holding Project Management
Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent formal training;
- Pursue excellence in all aspects of business; competent leader able to provide guidance that
enhances performance in a manner that incorporate the company’s vision;
- Self-motivated leader with excellent organisational skills;
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities; communicate well and inspire employees to
- Ability to assess overall company performance against objectives;
- Demonstrated practical working knowledge and experience managing HR, finance and Client
- Proven record of success in the previous large projects managed by delivering project objectives and
outcomes on time and on budget;
- Strong general computer skills; proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project Management tools
and online Webinar software;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English;
- Ability to travel interstate and internationally.
interpersonal and communication skills, is a positive influence and is driven by high standards and a
fundamental determination to deliver and succeed.
Critical to success for this dynamic role is an individual who demonstrates earned confidence in their
performance built on sound knowledge combined with solid, practical industry experiences who can liaise
with individual stakeholders or groups at various levels.
This is a role which requires the individual to operate at all levels and is hands on by nature to support the
needs of the business, support ongoing growth and manage change.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Shaun McBride
at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, February 8, 2018.
We will treat any inquiry or resume received as confidential, and will only be contacting applicants to
schedule an interview.
The Learning Bar’s offices are located in Maitland, NSW.
Scenic beauty, heritage buildings, unique villages, welcoming people, an attractive lifestyle and
convenient location are just some of the factors that lead visitors and residents alike to Maitland. At
the heart of the city is Central Maitland, with its full range of shopping, business and civic functions
as well as education, cultural and recreational services.
Built on the banks of the Hunter River, which brought life and trade to the early city, Maitland is one
of the oldest heritage rich regional centres in Australia.
Find out more about Maitland at: