SALARY RANGE: $50,000 – $65,000 per annum
Full Time | Group Benefits | Profit Sharing
Canada’s largest provider of online student assessment and school improvement tools, The Learning Bar,
is looking for an individual to fill the position as a Product Director, Confident Learners. This role has
accountabilities to the President and Steering Committee, with day-to-day reporting to the Chief
Operating Officer and Vice President.
The Product Director is responsible for the successful delivery of the Confident Learners (CL)
products and services as identified through new business development, implementation in
schools, and the Go-To-Market strategy.
- Develop product development and release plans based on client needs, market research,
corporate strategy and competitive positioning.
- Develop product requirements based on business analysis, supported by appropriate quality
control measures and processes.
- Monitor workload, schedules and deliverables of the program and report on progress to plan,
issues or lags.
- Manage product development staff, teams and contracts.
- Coordinate all activities related to new product introduction and success including
communications, pricing, and business model.
- Keep up to date with professional and industry related practices and trends.
- Create and deliver project related presentations for Steering Committee, Advisory Circle, and
Client Relations / Business Development
- Identify opportunities for expansion and build the business case to support implementation
- Respond to customer inquiries, and ensure clients are connected with the support needed.
- Generate and qualify sales leads, deliver sales presentations, and negotiate client service
- Monitor and report on the sales funnel and strategy.
- Leverage customer feedback for product development planning.
- Monitor client satisfaction based on account success, product delivery, product and trainer
team performance, and take correct action as needed.
- Liaison with project team and stakeholders to constantly improve success.
- Help build positive relations both within teams, as well as with external stakeholders.
- Pull custom stats from database and produce spreadsheets & reports for ASMs, Sales, and
Communications / Administration
- Organize and establish meetings/webinars on regular basis with project team and stakeholders
to foster positive relationships.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development and administration of the
program, strategize with the research and evaluation teams to establish the direction to be
taken and ensure contract deliverables are met.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop and deliver sales and client support communications, as
well as internal TLB communications.
- Prepare custom reports and graphing as needed.
- Support company-wide process improvement initiatives, such as product delivery, and
customer relationship management (CRM) software usage.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Bachelors Degree in Education, Business Administration, Philosophy, or related field.
- Superior attention to detail; able to manage multiple projects (preference given to those with
certification in Project or Product Management).
- Excellent communication skills (read, write and speak) to deal with a large variety of people
from the academic community, school districts, governments, media and other
- Excellent skills in Excel, or other spreadsheet products.
- Familiarity with software application development processes.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, as demonstrated in previous roles.
- Knowledge of database technologies is considered an asset.
- A strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to operate under tight, date-driven timelines, and willingness to adjust plans according
to changing conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Hours of Work
8:30 – 5:00 M-F
Permanent, salaried position
Benefits and Vacation
Group benefits and company profit-sharing upon successful completion of a probationary period.
There are 10 days vacation plus 5 paid days during Christmas (for a total of 15 paid vacation); plus
paid sick leave allowance.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Shaun McBride
at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Sunday, December 31, 2017.
We will treat any inquiry or resume received as confidential, and will only be contacting applicants to
schedule an interview.