SALARY RANGE: $40,000 – $55,000 per annum, plus uncapped incentives
Full Time | Group Benefits |
Canada’s largest provider of online student assessment and school improvement tools, The Learning Bar,
is looking for an individual to fill the position as a Sales Account Executive in the Business Development
Department, reporting to the Chief Business Development Officer.
Working with a small team, your primary responsibility is to generate qualified sales leads, schedule
meetings and product demonstrations, periodically attend trade shows at educational conferences, and
over time grow into the role of selling all product lines.
- Research and identify prospects, generate new leads and opportunities;
- Following up on potential leads gathered through internal means, telephone cold
calling, scheduling meetings, and facilitating web-based product demonstrations;
- Effectively navigate through the sales cycles and processes, from building rapport with
clients through to closing the deals;
- Collaborate with internal teams to proactively identify opportunities for increased client
retention, sales, and success;
- Tracking and maintaining client documentation within The Learning Bar CRM system;
- Assist in the preparation of contracts, proposals, and other sales and marketing related
- Post secondary education in Business Administration, Bachelor of Education, or
- 5 + years sales experience with a demonstrated track record of achieving targets;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and a win-win sales mindset with customers;
- Familiarity with the education field and/or school improvement planning is an asset;
- Strong computer skills (e.g., proficiency with MS Office, Web Meeting Products, CRM
- An understanding of data is an asset;
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Standards of professionalism for this position are very high; you are promoting the leading
school-survey company in Canada. This also means your efforts will benefit the education
and life experiences of students all over the world.
Skills & Qualifications Required
Hours of Work
This position requires travel outside the regular work day and possibly on weekends. Flexibility
to the regular hours of work is offered during peak travel periods.
Permanent, salaried position
Benefits and Vacation
Group benefits upon successful completion of a probationary period. There are 10 days vacation
plus 5 paid days during Christmas (for a total of 15 paid vacation); plus paid sick leave allowance.
Variable Pay Component
A large percentage of the variable compensation program is linked to new business acquisition
activity with incentives offered for new leads generated, leads converted, opportunities
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Shaun McBride
at email@example.com no later than Wednesday, January 31, 2018..
We will treat any inquiry or resume received as confidential, and will only be contacting applicants to
schedule an interview.