SALARY RANGE: $50,000 – $65,000 per annum
Full Time | Group Benefits | Profit Sharing
Canada’s largest provider of online student assessment and school improvement tools, The Learning Bar,
is looking for an individual to fill the position as a Senior Proposal Writer in the Business Development
Department, reporting to the Chief Business Development Officer.
The Senior Proposal Writer will support the business development function at The Learning Bar by
leading, and governing the proposal development process. Through collaborations with marketing,
research, and administration, the Senior Proposal Writer will develop the framework and write the
content for all business development proposals.
- Active participation in the preparation and completion of proposals such as, RFPs, and RFI’s, ensuring
quality and completeness. Proactive project management of assigned duties in the preparation of
response documents through discussions with business unit representatives, internal management
and The Learning Bar representatives, as required, obtaining relevant information from these sources
via research or probing, reviewing and interpreting operational proposal materials.
- Enhance the written content in the formal responses by grasping the intended meaning of specific
technical and operational concepts through attending related meetings and by interpreting raw
proposal material to ensure its accuracy and relevancy.
- Assist and participate in the maintenance of an up-to-date database of information with business
units to ensure updated information that accurately reflects the requirements of our client segments.
- Governance of the proposal development process; responsible for the coordination of the RFP
process using an established project management tool.
- Engage in positive communication and relationships with internal stakeholders to foster cooperation
and a positive working environment.
- Demonstrate awareness of corporate strategies and develop Proposals which reflect our market
position, brand style and corporate vision.
- Collaborates with team members to ensure up to date information gathered from business units
- is captured, transferred and input our Content Database.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- University degree in business, communications, English or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years related experience (must include demonstrated success in organizing multiple
- initiatives, and ability to produce work that reflects a very high level of detail).
- Knowledge of K-12 educational systems.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual document presentation skills (English a must, French and/or
- Spanish a bonus).
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent analytical skills to extract and synthesize relevant information.
- Excellent PC or Mac skills, especially word processing, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Must be a strong team player and possess strong planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects using project management tools.
Hours of Work
Although we promote a healthy work-life balance, there may be occasions where your hours of work will
fall outside of the normal 37.5 hour work week.
Permanent, salaried position
Benefits and Vacation
Group benefits and company profit-sharing upon successful completion of a probationary period. There
are 15 days paid vacation plus paid sick leave allowance.
The Learning Bar is an education research company specializing in assessment systems and school
surveys. Our evaluation tools are designed using in-house research to provide educators with the
actionable insight they need to enhance student success and school climate. Our goal is to give all
children the opportunity to thrive and we embody this in everything we do.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Shaun McBride
at email@example.com no later than Friday, November 17, 2017.
We will treat any inquiry or resume received as confidential, and will only be contacting applicants to
schedule an interview.