SALARY RANGE: $40,000 – $55,000 per annum
Full Time | Group Benefits | Profit Sharing
Canada’s largest provider of online student assessment and school improvement tools, The Learning Bar,
is looking for an individual to fill the position as a Training Coordinator in the Client Services Department,
reporting to the Confident Learners Product Director.
The Training Coordinator provides dedicated focus on literacy and training, and coordinates the
delivery of professional development training for clients who use Confident Learners Program in
- Develop relationships and partnerships with all clients.
- Provide advice and support to teachers around best-practice quality teaching strategies.
- Maintain client related records and information.
Training and Development
- Conveys a strong grasp of the science of literacy development and instructional best-practice,
while delivering in-person professional development workshops to principals, literacy leads,
teachers and staff to support initial program implementation (travel required).
- Delivery of professional development webinars and coaching throughout the school year to
support program integration at the school level.
- Development of professional development materials to be used by school staff in their capacity
building efforts, related to the areas of quality instruction, student engagement, school context,
and learning time.
- Delivery of training and support to TLB’s Account Success Managers and staff to effectively
support our clients.
- Assistance preparing presentations, communications, and resources to support effective
- Assistance preparing and delivering sales related materials and presentations.
- Research and become familiar with sensitivities in working with Indigenous communities to
facilitate effective communication, sensitivity to social, cultural, historical, and political context.
- Research and become familiar with community based participatory research principles,
understanding of OCAP® and familiarity with Indigenous community research ethics guidelines.
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Education (graduate training an asset); focus on early childhood
education and literacy desired.
- A strong grasp of the science of literacy development and instructional best practice.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience with classroom teaching at the k-3 level.
- Demonstrated experience leading training for large and small groups of educators.
- Experience with school planning and program implementation.
- Strong strategic, analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with computers and software (e.g., Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word and PPT),
email and internet).
- A strong commitment to evidence-based practice.
- Experience working as part of a team, making project plans and meeting project target dates.
- Solid organization skills.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Satisfactory Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector) is a condition of employment.
- Valid driver’s license is a condition of employment (travel required).
- Familiarity working with Indigenous communities
- Ability to communicate and relate to Indigenous people, communities and organizations
with sensitivity to social, cultural, historical, and political context.
- Knowledge of community based participatory research principles, understanding of
OCAP® and familiarity with Indigenous community research ethics guidelines.
- Experience teaching or working in Indigenous schools.
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 30%).
Hours of Work
8:30 – 5:00 M-F
This position requires travel outside the regular work day and possibly on weekends. Flexibility
to the regular hours of work is offered during peak travel periods.
Permanent, salaried position
Benefits and Vacation
Group benefits and company profit-sharing upon successful completion of a probationary period.
There are 15 days paid vacation plus paid sick leave allowance.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Shaun McBride
at email@example.com no later than Sunday, December 31, 2017.
We will treat any inquiry or resume received as confidential, and will only be contacting applicants to
schedule an interview.