In 2012, Dr. J. Douglas Willms was appointed to the position of President Elect at the International Academy of Education (IAE). The IAE is a non-profit association that promotes educational research and scholarly excellence in all fields related to education.
Founded in 1986, the IAE is dedicated to:
- Creating an international network of scholars to conduct research on important educational issues, establishing permanent relations among relevant disciplines within education, and to identifying superior research practices;
- Disseminating knowledge about effective policies and practices to interested policy makers and educators;
- Conducting advanced training;
- Providing critical and evaluative perspectives on studies and issues in the forefront of the educational debate;
- Identifying research priorities related to critical issues in education;
- Strengthening communication and cooperation among policy makers, educational researchers and educational practitioners;
- Awarding fellowships and prizes for distinguished contributions to educational scholarship and/or practice.
For more information about the IAE, please visit their website at: www.iaoed.org