We believe in every child’s potential and transforming children’s lives. We are a global educational research company with almost 20-years history of providing innovative solutions to schooling systems worldwide in pursuit of our vision to give all children the opportunity to thrive. Our Canadian headquarters are in Fredericton, N.B. As thought leaders in education, we are Canada’s largest provider of educational solutions, reaching over one million children every year.
The Learning Bar is looking for a PRODUCT MANAGER in the Product Management Department, reporting to the Chief Product Officer.
You will be responsible for the Early Years Evaluation (EYE) product line. In this role, you will manage the development of the product roadmap, ensure product development initiatives are aligned to strategic goals, and facilitate the effective execution of product initiatives. This position partners with The Learning Bar’s Customers and internal stakeholders (Sales & Marketing, Research & Development, and Client Success, etc.) to create a continuous pipeline of product and service enhancements that drive customer success and satisfaction.
Key activities will include:
- In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, you will develop and maintain a product roadmap that illustrates primary product goals, initiatives, projects, features, and release milestones for the next 12 – 36 months. Ensure that the roadmap is based on prioritized client needs, market research, company strategy and competitive positioning.
- Regularly compile and report on key product metrics and regularly analyze key metrics to identify trends, weaknesses, or opportunities to address through product strategy.
- Ensure that the EYE team is updated and aligned on roadmap goals, release timelines and statuses of current initiatives, projects and features in the roadmap.
- Assist in the development of product pricing strategy, product marketing assets, and product documentation.
Fulfill the role of Agile Product Owner by managing and prioritizing the product backlog, clarifying and documenting business needs / customer requirements in the form of User Stories and User Acceptance Criteria, and serving as liaison between the business and the development team.
THE IDEAL CANIDATE
You are strategically focused and have excellent analytical skills. Ideally, you are adept at working under tight timelines, and keep up with the lates trends and conditions in the education industry. The minimum educational requirement for this position is a bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science or marketing.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Additionally, must have:
- Knowledge and experience in Agile software methodologies.
- Great business and product intuition, with proven experience in building client relationships.
- Ability to build consensus with diplomacy and creative problem solving.
- A deep interest in education, research, and technology.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, and comfortable presenting to the executive team, colleagues and The Learning Bar clients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work productively with diverse groups of people and foster positive change throughout an organization.
You are self-motivated and can work independently to achieve your tasks. To be successful in this position, you must be able to focus on multiple details, and be able to clearly communicate your thoughts and ideas to the team you support. All employees must have an up-to-date Criminal Record Check completed.
*A complete list of objectives, role responsibilities and qualifications will be provided to those candidates selected for an interview.
At The Learning Bar we offer a flexible work environment where the strengths of the individual are recognized and leveraged. We are proud to offer flexibility in work arrangements (remote, hybrid, or fully in office, or a combination of all three!) When in office, our employees work in a modern spacious office with a casual feel, free coffee, and monthly celebration events. In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a flexible vacation plan. We are proud to take an active part in ensuring you have what you need to perform at your best.
We’re looking to grow as a diverse and inclusive workspace. We recognize that each person brings their own unique experiences and knowledge to a position, therefore if you don’t fit the above description 100% but are willing to take initiative and learn, please consider applying anyway. We are excited to talk to people from a variety of backgrounds and explore how you can add to our culture! We also like to meet people where they’re at, so if you require any accommodations throughout the interview process, please let us know. Applicants must have the right to work in Canada. The Learning Bar is not able to offer sponsorship at this time. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Preference will be given to those individuals who self-identify as Indigenous, First Nations, Inuit, or Metis.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to Shaun McBride at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 26, 2024. We request your name clearly stated on the filenames.