We believe in every child’s potential. Our proprietary solutions, which empower students across the
globe, were created to progress K-12 learning outcomes and help schools reduce inequalities in
education. Working with us, you’ll be encouraged by a sense of belonging, caring and support as
together we accomplish our mission of giving all children the opportunity to thrive. As Canada’s largest
provider of online student assessment and school improvement tools, The Learning Bar is looking for a
sales professional to fill the position as a Business Development Manager in the Sales Department,
reporting to the Chief Sales Officer.
As a fully bilingual member of Sales team, you will identify sales opportunities, engage new clients, and
maintain good relationships that drive business growth and identify requirements for product
development. The priority is to lead and assist TLB in acquiring new customers and selling additional
products or services to existing clients.
Some responsibilities associated with this role:
- Plan and execute sales opportunities to expand customer base, reach more children and maximize product revenue for The Learning Bar.
- Formulate strategies and tactics to accelerate the conversion of business opportunities into contracting clients.
- Collaborate with internal teams to proactively identify opportunities for increased client retention, sales, and success.
- Effectively navigate opportunities through the sales cycle and processes, from building rapport with clients through to closing deals.
- Fastidiously track and maintain all client documentation within The Learning Bar CRM system.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, contracts, and other sales and marketing related documents.
- Assist internal stakeholders during contract re-negotiations for returning accounts (i.e., retention), when required.
Some skills and qualifications you offer:
- Post secondary education in Business Administration, Bachelor of Education, or equivalent.
- 5 + years sales experience with a demonstrated track record of achieving targets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and a win-win sales mindset with customers.
- Strong presentation skills, with the gift of telling a story in both French and English.
- Familiarity with the education field and/or school improvement planning is an asset.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., proficiency with MS Office, Web Meeting Products, CRM software, etc.).
- An understanding of data is an asset.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Some of what you can expect:
- Acceptance. 87% of employees tell us they feel a strong sense of belonging.
- Respect. Our employees say they are treated with respect. They feel supported by their managers, and like how teamwork is encouraged.
- Resources. We provide our employees with the tools required for a comfortable, safe, and effective workspace. Employees report that they have influence over decisions that affect their work, and 79% say they have the training and skills to perform their work.
- Flexibility. Employees are offered the flexibility needed in their work and personal lives. We encourage a work life balance, always seek ways to improve.
The Learning Bar welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Preference will be given to those individuals who self-identify as Indigenous, First Nations, Inuit, or Metis.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Shaun McBride at
at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, July 10, 2020. Only those candidates selected for a phone screen will be contacted.