We believe in every child’s potential and transforming children’s lives. We are a global educational research company with a fifteen-year history of providing innovative solutions to schooling systems worldwide in pursuit of our vision to give all children the opportunity to thrive. Our Canadian headquarters are in Fredericton, N.B. As thought leaders in education, we are Canada’s largest provider of educational solutions, reaching over one million children every year.
The Learning Bar is looking for a PRODUCT MANAGER in the Product Management Department, reporting to the Chief Product Officer.
You will be responsible for the OurSCHOOL (OS) product line. In this role, you will manage the development of the product roadmap, ensure product development initiatives are aligned to strategic goals, and facilitate the effective execution of product initiatives. This position partners with The Learning Bar’s Customers and internal stakeholders (Sales & Marketing, Research & Development, and Client Success, etc.) to create a continuous pipeline of product and service enhancements that drive customer success and satisfaction.
Key activities will include:
- In collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, develop and maintain a product roadmap that illustrates primary product goals, initiatives, projects, features, and release milestones for the next 12 – 36 months. Ensure that the roadmap is based on prioritized client needs, market research, company strategy and competitive positioning.
- Fulfill the role of Agile Product Owner by managing and prioritizing the product backlog, clarifying and documenting business needs / customer requirements in the form of User Stories and User Acceptance Criteria, and serving as liaison between the business and the development team.
You will provide oversight on the delivery of to a strategic critical partner in Australia. This will involve regular collaboration with the Australian team, and our Canadian research and development teams. You will track and coordinate timely and effective communications related to product change requests, product inquiries and product issues.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
As a complement to a bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, or marketing, you have experience or certification in product and/or project management. You are strategically focused and have excellent analytical skills. Ideally, you are adept at working under tight timelines, and keep up with the latest trends and conditions in the education industry. Additionally, you must have:
- Knowledge and experience in Agile software methodologies.
- Great business and product intuition, with proven experience in building client relationships.
- Ability to build consensus with diplomacy and creative problem solving.
- A deep interest in education, research, and technology.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, and comfortable presenting to the executive team, colleagues and The Learning Bar clients.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work productively with diverse groups of people and foster positive change throughout an organization.
You are self-motivated and can work independently to achieve your tasks. To be successful in this position, you must be able to focus on multiple details, and be able to clearly communicate your thoughts and ideas to the team you support. You must be willing to adjust your work schedule to accommodate the AU time zone for meetings as needed (typically 1 – 2 hrs per week).
At The Learning Bar we offer a flexible work environment where the strengths of the individual are recognized and leveraged. Located in downtown Fredericton, employees work in a modern spacious office with a casual feel, free coffee, and monthly celebration events. Employees may work a hybrid work schedule (in the office, and at home). In addition to a competitive base salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a flexible vacation plan. We are proud to take an active part in ensuring you have what you need to perform at your best.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Preference will be given to those individuals who self-identify as Indigenous, First Nations, Inuit, or Metis.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to Shaun McBride at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, September 7, 2022. We request your name clearly stated on the filenames.